Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Smoke and mirrors

The haze of smoke and mirrors
Where nothing seems just right
there's stains of life everywhere
and I'm stuck in such a fright 


I'm not sure where I'm going
or somedays where I've been
I can't remember, I don't understand
so for now I just listen


I wander around,
astray on this ground,
in a beautiful world,
feeling lost but profound.



I'm lost in thought this morning 

as I sit and think of you

the way you touched my body

left it feeling so renewed 


We shared some happy moments 

you made me feel alive 

I'm not sure what I did for you 

to leave me this denied


I felt so held and seen 

I thought we both agreed 

that this was only briefly real

A place we both felt free 


You were so kind and genuine 

you seemed to be legit  

we knew where this was headed 

but you turned into a hypocrite 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Smoke and mirrors

The haze of smoke and mirrors Where nothing seems just right there's stains of life everywhere and I'm stuck in such a fright  ...