Wednesday, August 27, 2014

less than 48 hrs' til take off ...

You know what it's like...

The cars, endlessly dropping off and picking up
The people, rushing around trying to get somewhere, anywhere
The security lines, boundlessly meandering through time and space but seemingly going nowhere

Finally,  
you get the call, it's your turn, you made it, and the process just starts all over again... 

The queue, flowing down the path ever so slowly
The rows, inviting an adventure to cram into the tiny space provided
The waiting, reading the latest edition of whatever's freshest till it happens

The sounds get louder as the air gets colder and the lights go darker. 
I always tend to hold my breath during those first few moments. 
The point it leaves the ground I feel free, excited for my journey and what's ahead. 


I know what I'm in for this trip, at least a little bit better than my last whirl-wind adventure around the globe a few years ago. I'm finally getting to a place of calm; where I'm just trying to absorb all the planning and organizing, the researching and packing, the love and energy that has gone into making this trip happen. 

Heres the journey ... 

We leave on Thursday for Amsterdam. Yup, that's tomorrow folks!  We are arriving to Thunderstorms but I'm actually looking forward to some early fall weather. Luckily, most of the activities that I will be partaking in are not weather dependent.  

We next head to Budapest, Hungary. It's actually Buda and Pest with the river, Danube, running between. I'm looking forward to checking out the Architecture and some of the worlds largest thermal water cave systems. 

It wouldn't be a trip to Europe if we didn't include Paris. We'll be there for a few days to soak in the sights; the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, the Catacombs, and visit with our good friend, Kenna. We are coming for you darling! 

We are hitting London next. Pit has family there and we want to connect. Some of the family came last year for a visit and I'm excited I will be getting to see them again and in their element. Also it is Helen's birthday and those are always fun to celebrate! 

After London we head to Morocco. That's right, northern Africa...Who would of thought? Not me, up until we decided to embark on this journey earlier this year. We are going to 4 different cities; Marrakech, Essaouira, Fez, & Casablanca, and I'm definitely riding a camel somewhere. We are even going on a Marrakech food tour.

Following Morocco, we fly to Barcelona for a long weekend of sunshine and more sights. I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of Gaudi's work; La Sagrada Familia, Casa dels ossos, Park Güell, Casa Battló, and Casa Milà. We are also going on a side trip to Figueres, a town north east of Barcelona to visit the place of Salvador Dalí and his museum. 

All of this, is of course, subjective to life on the road. 
We have most of the trips main features booked, like places to stay but there are so many details that we get to fill in along the way. I'm ready to actually see these places with my own eyes, to be inspired by the world, to be opened up by all that is out there, to become a part of something bigger.  

  Hans Christian Anderson said it best ... 

To move, to breath, to fly to float, 
To gain all while you give, 
To roam the roads of lands remote, 
To travel is to live

No comments:

Post a Comment

Smoke and mirrors

The haze of smoke and mirrors Where nothing seems just right there's stains of life everywhere and I'm stuck in such a fright  ...