Friday, November 27, 2015

My heart is so full ...

My heart is so full. 

Full of ache for the world and those that suffer
The ones I notice and can't help, 
the ones I see hurting and can't reach, 
the ones just out of sight I've not yet approached.

Full of memories long past 
that sting like a cold breeze on your face in the early morning. 
They take the breath away as your transported back to that moment,
drowning in the torment and gasping for the heavens.

Full of questions
How is all this pain possible? 
Why are we not helping each other?
Aren't we all in this together? 

As I sit and notice, as I sit and feel
I'm also reminded of the other side 

My heart is so full 

Full of love for the inhabitants of the world
The ones that find laughter in the sorrow, 
the ones that see joy in whatever they are given,
and the ones that keep going when all hope seems lost.

Full of gratitude for the memories 
That heal your heart like a hug when you're on the verge of tears
Reminding you of the little joys, the little triumphs, 
all the things that really make life worth living. 

We don't yet have all the answers and we may never 
but that doesn't mean we shouldn't question.
We should try harder to release the pain and bring out the joy
in ourselves, in others, in our world. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Smoke and mirrors

The haze of smoke and mirrors Where nothing seems just right there's stains of life everywhere and I'm stuck in such a fright  ...